Looking To Reassign Your Contract?
Follow these simple steps to begin the process of reassigning your housing contract to another person.
- Locate a potential candidate. You will be responsible to locate the individual whom you would like to take over your contract.
- Fully complete an Assignment Intent Form. You must sign your assignment form which will be sent to your resident portal before we can accept.
- Have the incoming resident apply. The individual who is taking over your contract must apply and be approved before your reassignment is completed.
- Pay the assignment fee. The fee will need to accompany the Assignment Intent Form.
Once the incoming resident is approved in our system, the following steps will need to be verified before we can facilitate your reassignment:
- You must have a current balance of $0.
- All forms and fees are submitted and paid.
- You must turn in keys and an inspection of your unit completed by our office. You must turn in keys and an inspection of your unit completed by our office. Please note, you will need to coordinate with the incoming resident your expected move-out date. Our office will need 48 hours to process your move-out, which would prevent the incoming resident from moving in any time within the 48-hour window.
- Incoming resident must move in, in order for the current resident to be fully released from the contract.